Monday, September 19, 2016

2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually XD Rockstar Rims and Tires Upgrade

I had a hard time finding photo's of what my truck would look like with new rims so I thought I would share.  In my case I can't lift or go bigger.  The truck already sits too high for towing a 5th wheel.  Duallys are less common and typically if a guy is buying rims he goes for bigger tire and has a lift kit so it was hard to find photos.

The factory chrome hub caps needed to go.  I went with the XD Rockstars with the factory size Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventurer with Kevlar LT235/80 R17's.  I should get 60,000 miles out of these.  $2113.13 out the door for the 6 tires and 4 new rims.  I think I got a good deal from Americas Tire here in Tracy, ca.  I researched going with a taller rim and lower profile tires like many have done, but I hear the ride quality goes down when you do that and my truck rides rough enough as it is so I left things stock.

 Here is what they look like in case anyone is interested.  I am pretty happy with how they turned out.

2003 Dodge Ram Dually XD Rockstar Rims Wheels
Looks nice eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment