Saturday, December 31, 2016

Loading a Hobie Pro Angler 14 Video

How many fisherman does it take to load a Hobie Pro Angler 14 into the back of a full size truck?  Just how heavy is it?  Should I go with the lighter Pro Angler 12 or even lighter Hobie Outback?  To each his own, but I went with the PA 14 and have no regrets. Below is a short Video that will show you exactly what it takes to load this beast.

I was concerned about the weight.  I researched and found lots of videos of guys car topping and loading into short bed trucks with devices like the T-Bone truck bed extender.  I couldn't find anyone transporting in a full size long bed truck.  Maybe it is a no brainer so nobody took the time to post. 

I used some of the ideas that others had shared and added some of my own.  The following short video will demonstrate what I came up with and how I load it.  My hope is that you will see how easy and challenging it is and help you decide if the Pro Angler 14 is right for you.  For those of you that already have one or own something similar, perhaps you are here looking for new ideas.  I hope you enjoy the video.

I have the Lowrance Structure Scan transducer installed with the Total Scan Transducer mounting plate.  As a result the large PVC pipe is a must to prevent doing damage to the Transducer.

After extensive research I felt the BooneDox Landing Gear would be the best option for me and after a few trips I am happy with my decision.  It's so simple to put the landing gear down.  I do it while I am still floating in the water.  Works great.

I used a GoPro Hero Black 5 to shoot this video and I am fairly new to the video editing world.  It was a bit challenging at 1st learning the software.  I used the GoPro Studio software.  I don't get the Quik Software for the computer and the Quik SW on the iPad kept telling me to reboot my Camera so I gave up on that method. 

I also learned after a few warnings from YouTube about Music Copyright issues.  I searched for Royalty free music on the internet and found something that would work for this video from the site www.bensound.com.  I made sure to mention them in the video to give them credit.  Hopefully there are no copyright warnings this time from YouTube.




No comments:

Post a Comment